Saturday, December 8, 2012

IT'S A NEW DAY!!

Over the past year or two or three, I have been pondering about cutting my hair into a short style. However, what came with those thoughts were all of my fears and anxieties;   what if its too short, what if it doesn't look right, omgoodness what would I do then? 

Back in April, I took 1/2 of the plunge by letting Miss Jessie's Curl Bar, cut a few inches off, which meant eliminating about 90% of the relaxer from my hair.  Well it didnt stop there, in the summer I added some layers and some color, but sad to say the itch to go shorter was still there.  After many conversations with my mother, over the years, about going short she was tired of hearing the same song. LOL  One day she responded "OH why dont you just do it already, get it out of your system!" Those words stayed with me. :) I guess I dislike the feeling of being attached to something that's materalistic or just something I can easily get back,  because it prevents one from moving forward to obtain more or even better.

Fast forward and it's now December and I'm on this journey; what a great way to incorporate something new into my 30 days. I finally took the full plunge, I cut off the very thing that has been with me all my life. Those strands were with me through poetic justice "box braids"; to natural cornrolls, to relaxers, to bleaching and most importantly the ponytails but, now we start a new day.

The final results I like.  It's an in between of what I really wanted and what I didnt really want.

Enjoy the pics, hopefully they post in the correct order. #BloggerApp

Blessings Always,
Samiyyah

1 comment:

  1. YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!! You finally did it!! I'm happy for you!! It looks fabulous and I know you're going to just werk it girl! Congrats, I look forward to the next exciting task!

    ReplyDelete