Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Who said Cars Couldn't Fly...

...well I was actually referring to a cable car.  :)  Today I went on a journey to Roosevelt Island in NYC.  I've never been and my co-worker/pal always raves about this place.  There's not a ton to do in the winter but, in the summer you can enjoy picnics in the park or whatever other festivals they have going on.  Year-round you can always take a quick trip there if you desire to just get away from the crowd and enjoy the scenery of the high rises, across the water, which also makes for some great Instagram photos. ;) Even though I made the journey in the evening, it was great because you can see the Chrysler and Empire State building lighting up the sky.  The real awesome thing about Roosevelt Island is the fact that you can take a cable car (Tram) ride to get there. I was also ecstatic that I could use my unlimited metro card, LOL, for some reason I thought I would need to pay a separate fare; the other option would be to take the F train, if you're not driving or walking across the bridge.  

In addition to checking out the view and enjoying the Tram ride, I was also checking out the housing. For me, every new place I visit its always a must for me to scope out the real estate; I mean you never know if that 's the next place you want to call home. ;)

Just before jumping on the train, to head home, from Roosevelt Island we made a pit stop to Starbucks.  This time and for the first time, I didn't get my usual but opted for the Eggnog latte with the added Chai tea. Oh how delightful, it wasn't too sweet or to "Eggnog'gy".  I will definitely have this again about 3 times before the end of the year.  (SMH)

New York is filled with tons of interesting places, thousands of things to do and hundreds of amazing restaurants and I am going to vow to take more time in 2013 to explore it all.  Thanks Gavin for recommending this place and actually taking the time to journey there with me; it was greatly appreciated. (Special thanks to Jo, for allowing me to borrow you for a couple of hours.  :)

Until next time, I hope you enjoy the photos.

Peace and Blessings,

Samiyyah





4 comments:

  1. So beautiful Samiyyah!
    I never really knew much about Roosevelt Island but your pictures make me want to take a trip there. Can't wait to see where you go next.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sarah for journeying with me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun is that! From what point to what point does the Tran take you? Where can you find this tran?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Daniela at 57th and 6th ave, we took the bus crosstown to 2nd ave. The entrance is one block away right across the street from Queensboro Bridge. The tram takes you to Roosevelt Island and when you get off you're literally steps away from the F train and short walk to the park, and you're right on the water. Great shooting area for you.. :) -SW

      Delete