Saturday, December 22, 2012

Such A Wonderful Suite Retreat



Friday afternoon's experience was wayyy to personal.  Not too personal that I won’t share, but just personal as in letting someone all up in your space; if you know what I mean.  :)  I’ve always heard how a colonic was good for you, I've also heard how it's not so good for you. Well, since I’ve thought about it once or many times before, including it in this journey was the perfect time to test it out. A few weeks ago I saw a deal on GROUPON for a $55 Colon-Hydrotherapy Session with Shiatsu and Aromatherapy at Suite Retreat, so I jumped on it.  Before my appointment I had to take a few days before to prepare for the visit and that included mainly salads for lunch, no dairy and little to no sweets.

To start, some of my expectations was that water gets inserted and then everything just drains out into a clear container, kept under the bed, via a hole in the bed.  I had no idea the tube that gets inserted  actually stays in your behind. :\  Another part of my vision was that the room would be completely  white, including the bed and all of the accessories.  I was totally wrong and honestly I’m not sure where I got that vision from.  Perhaps it was something I saw on TV or even a dream I had at some point.  Anyway, when I walked into the suite I thought this is not what I expected and I internally whispered I’m never coming back.  However, after taking off my shoes and settling in I realized the atmosphere was very relaxing and cozy.  The scent in the air was pure aromatherapy.  My Hydro-therapist proceeded with asking me some questions about my diet and what some of my concerns were.  We then moved into the room where the procedure would take place.  I was given a gown to put on then headed to the on-suite bathroom to discover that I would be using a Bidet for the 1st time. Can't you just hear my excitement?



Throughout the process Rose was such a sweetheart.  She made the process go smooth by talking me through some meditation and silencing my mind - Lord knows how challenging that can be for me.  After about  15 minutes and the start of Shiatsu, she started asking me where was I mentally and what did I see?  I told her I was in Tahiti and standing in an over the water Bungalow – hey got to make it happen don’t want to wait until I’m married to venture to that beautiful place.  :)  I must say the process wasn't actually painful or uncomfortable, but it was very awkward. Having water shot up your rear and then made to feel like you have the runs was just very ........... well let's just say not nice.  Again, I will spare you the details, however I will say that everything flowed freely, according to Rose.  :)  When I was done I was off to sit on the nice warm of the toilet and begin using the Bidet.  Oh how nice it turned out to be, water for the front, water for the back and included a drawer, how could you now want to return.  I am sold, and I will totally have one of these in my house.  It will save so much toilet paper.  LOL


Thanks for stopping by, hope you enjoy the quick and funny snapshots.  Also, if you're ever looking to get a colonic done be sure to let Suite Retreat be your first visit.  


Be sure to check out Friday's double dose Stop Bulling Me Around.
Peace and Blessing,
Samiyyah


No comments:

Post a Comment